High above the wild foaming Trisanna Wiesberg Castle sits on a woody rock.
The castle was probably built in the 13th century by the Hochstift Chur. As a fief of the Counts of Tyrol, the castle was the property of the powerful Rottenburgers, whose ancestral castle was located above Rotholz in the Lower Inn Valley. Since the extinction of this family in 1411 Wiesberg was princely property and was mortgaged several times, most recently in 1770 to the Counts of Wolkenstein, where it remained until 1840. In 1809, near the castle, a fierce battle took place between the Bavarian troops and a few hundred Paznauner and Stanzertal archers.
Schloss Wiesberg is currently privately owned and is not accessible to the public.