Zammer Lochputz - Holiday in the holidayregion TirolWest

attraction

Zammer Lochputz

The popular destination Zammer Lochputz fascinates with dizzying insights into one of the most beautiful wild water in Tyrol.

A truly "special" gorge awaits the guests of the Zammer Lochputz. The namesake of the once known as "Zammerloch" and long only climbers reserved gorges is a rock formation in the form of a bull's head, the "Lochputz", which watches over the petrified water nymph at the waterfall. Numerous legends entwine around the Zammer Lochputz, the hiking beside the 40 m high water fountain, the 30 m high Lötzer waterfall, a 80 m long tunnel and the opportunity to visit a power station make a visit to the Zammer Lochputz a unique experience.
Read more
Zammer Lochputz

Contact

Name:Zammer Lochputz
Street / House number:Lötz
Postcode:6511
Town:Zams
Phone:+43.5442.65600
Mobile:+43.664.5859089
E-Mail:office@zammer-lochputz.at
Website:www.zammer-lochputz.at

Information

Currently closed

Open!

Open!

Open!

Open!

Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su10:00 - 17:00
From 19.09.2021 until 30.09.2021
Sa, Su10:00 - 17:00

TirolWest Card Leistung:gratis Eintritt

Plan Route

Reset map view

From Landeck-Zams Bahnhof, Österreich to Zammer Lochputz









Route by

Google Maps Bus Stops

Recommendable for Zammer Lochputz

In areas ofkneipp facility

Kneipp facility Zammer Lochputz

kneipp facility: Kneipp facility Zammer Lochputz

Directly at the entrance to Tyrol's mystical gorge, the Zammer Lochputz, there is a Kneipp facility. Here you can revive your tired legs with new energy.

TWCardSommerbeide

Romantic evening hike

In winter, the Lochputz shows itself in a glittering crystal dress. Every Wednesday from the end of December to the end of February from 7.30 p.m. You can find all dates for the evening hike in the event calendar.

The tour

Lochputz
  1. According to legend, the young shepherd rushed into the torrential floods of the Lötzbach after the blacksmith's shop sawed the suspension cables of the suspension bridge . The bridge was rebuilt and provides a wonderful view of the Stierhorn and the old smithy.
  2. The old blacksmith's shop has its roots in earlier days of history and defies the time until today on its own. However, only the foundation walls are visible today, as legend has it, the blacksmith's shop fell victim to a big fire, along with its owner, the old blacksmith's shop.
  3. Like the Lötzkraftwerk, the Zammer Stierhorn embodies the energy of the Lötzbach. The water stream of the bull horn is not artificially generated by pumping, but shoots up through the pure power of the water towards the sky. At night, the bull horn is illuminated and as it is incessantly flung 35 meters high, it is a magnificent landmark of Zams, which is visible from afar.
  4. The waterfall is the most impressive place in the gorge. Here, the Lötzbach rushes thirty meters in an impressive manner in the depth direction valley. Over the millennia, the water has made its own way into the valley and flows unabated at a rate of about 1500 l / second down the valley. An impressive natural spectacle.
  5. The most mysterious place of the gorge. The bull and the nymph forever united over the floods of the Lötzbach. The two stone images guard the entrance to the back of the gorge for centuries, where the young shepherd and his nymph have retired, according to legend ...
  6. From the viewing platform you have a good overview of the Zammer Lochputz.
  7. The water intake for the power plant with its roofs, sliders and openings serves to protect the tunnel system from the occurrence of the flood. A specially installed turbidity meter warns of the imminent danger. Despite the high degree of automation, the slides of the water intake must still be manually operated by the power plant employees before a flood.
  8. On the cave walls are strange mirrors. These mirrors come from the great silvertip, and legend has it that with their sheen, these rock slabs give people the opportunity to look into their own hearts.
  9. The Roman tower (also Lötzturm ) dates back to the time of the Appenzell wars in 1406 and was part of a defense complex, which originally consisted of three towers and a continuous wall that reached to the Inn. The Roman tower was completely renovated in 2006 and today serves as a visitor tower.
  10. The power plant , built in 1923, is powered by water from the Lötzbach stream and supplies half of Zams households with electricity through a narrow pressure pipeline. In former times, between the world wars, supplied the two generators the whole municipality Zams inclusive hospital with electricity.

TWCardSommerbeide

The legend

On a tour through Tyrol's mystical gorge, one encounters wondrous phenomena such as the dilapidated forge, the mirror cave and the stone bull that was formed from the rock by the water itself - the Zammer Lochputz.
The legend of the Zammer Lochputz tells of the tragic career of a mysterious bull who once ...

Online Booking / Request