Parish Church Zams - Holiday in the holidayregion TirolWest

churches and chapels

Parish Church Zams

Parish Church of St. Andrew - Around 1440, the old parish church was rebuilt in the Gothic style. In 1911, a major fire destroyed most of the village, the church had partially collapsed and had to be demolished.

The reconstruction took place in a Baroque style, but not in the place where the church used to stand, but because of traffic considerations a little further to the west, which is why the tower, whose walls had withstood, today as a freestanding campanile an unusual sight.
Today's Neo-Baroque church was consecrated in 1913. The richly structured structure consists of the hall building, which is equipped with a local crippled-roof roof, into which mittings cuts a not so high transept. While the sacristy on the street side, the covered side entrance to the transept and then the round-arched war memorial place are cultivated. The only accessible from the inside baptistry is the conclusion.
Read more
Parish Church Zams

Contact

Name:Pfarrkirche Zams
Street / number:Hauptstraße 51
Zip code:6511
Town:Zams
Website:www.tirolwest.at

Online Booking / Request