Barbarakirche - flow - Holiday in the holidayregion TirolWest

churches and chapels

Barbarakirche - flow

On a plateau above the Inn valley at the western outskirts of the river rises the new parish church.

In 1794 / 1800-1804 the new building was built in a dominant position, as the old parish church was no longer sufficient for the numerous faithful. Initially, it was consecrated like the old parish church of the Assumption of Mary, but soon transferred the patrocinium of the previously established Barbarakapelle on the new building.
The first mention of a barbara chapel dates back to the time of 1300. Several times in the course of the 14th century events for the chapel are handed down, as well as 1352 from Avignon. Since the 17th century, the chapel served as a popular pilgrimage, to its popularity also in 1644 by the parish priest Michael Raggl written folk legend play, the "Comedia Barbara" contributed, which was performed west of the place by amateur players.
The chapel itself, surrounded by a cemetery, received new equipment in the late 17th century, and a last building was consecrated in 1682. The new building as a parish church, which was consecrated on October 9, 1804 by Bressanone Prince-Bishop Karl Franz von Lodron, goes back to the plans of the then Flemish pastor Nikolaus Tolentin Schuler, who also contributed a considerable part of the financial resources for the construction. Only later was completed in 1817 the valley-side facade tower. The church was renovated in 1902-04, and the exterior was restored in 1970-72.
Read more
Barbarakirche - flow

Contact

Street / number:Dorf 147
Zip code:6521
Town:Fließ
Website:www.tirolwest.at

Online Booking / Request